How to change DNS settings in easily.co.uk
[The following guide is intended for website owners whose domains are hosted by easily.co.uk]
If you’d like to make it even easier for visitors to find your HugoFox page you can connect it to your own domain name. Below is a simple, step by step, guide to configuring your domain name so it links to your new HugoFox website.
If you do not feel confident enough to make DNS changes yourself, please get in touch with us, and we'll happily assist you with any changes.
[For privacy reasons, certain parts of images in this guide have been blurred. This will not affect the updating of your settings in any way.]
1. To login click on “My Account” at the top of the page:
2. Enter your login details in the boxes provided. If you cannot remember your password, click on “Forgotten Login Password”:
3. You will now be in your account page. On this page, click the blue “D” button:
You will be taken to the domain settings page:
To the right of each domain, you’ll notice 4 letters: E,W,T and D.
4. Click on the “D”:
You will now be on the “DNS Management” page. On this page there will be a table listing all the records for your domain:
5. Click the edit button in the row with “Type” “CNAME”:
A Pop-up box will appear:
6. Remove the existing text from the box labelled “Alias For”. Enter “cname-customsite.hugofox.com” and click update to save these changes.
Now the next part...
Once you have made the changes, simply get in touch with us, and we’ll make the necessary changes at our end to finalise the transfer of your domain name!
Please keep in mind that the changes you have just made will take anything between 24 and 72 hours to be fully configured, so don’t be worried if you cannot see your website yet.
Once your domain name has gone live, we advise that you deactivate your existing website from your server if you have one. This will ensure that your new HugoFox site appears in search engines rather than your previous site. If you would like any assistance with this, please get in touch with us.
We have tried to make this guide as simple as possible. However, if you have any questions about this process, please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us, and we’ll do our best to help you with your queries.
DEACTIVATING YOUR PREVIOUS EASILY.CO.UK HOSTING
Go to www.easily.co.uk
2. Click on ‘My Account’ on the top right hand side of the page
3. Click on ‘Support Request’ button
4. Fill in the empty fields (do not change any of the details that are already in the form) and enter the request into the ‘Question’ box and click ‘Please Submit’
5. Your request will be sent to the relevant team and you will receive an email confirmation letting you know the progress of your request. Emails are usually responded to within a 24 hour period.